A chemical peel is a cosmetic treatment that improves the look and feel of the skin through a careful exfoliation process with the use of special solutions. At Silk Touch Cosmetic Surgery, Lipo, & Medspa, we offer a variety of treatments, such as chemical peels, to address various concerns and rejuvenate your skin.
The Chemical Peel Process
A widely sought-after cosmetic procedure, a chemical peel employs acids to eliminate damaged skin cells and facilitate skin exfoliation. Engineered to selectively target a precise layer of the skin, this treatment allows the skin to recover with minimal scarring or significant alterations, chemical peels prove to be an effective solution for persistent skin issues. Through a carefully administered peel, the top layer of the skin is purged and rejuvenated by removing damaged cells with the application of acid.
What are Chemical Peels Used For?
The appeal of chemical peels has surged in recent years, serving as a fantastic remedy for a diverse range of skin concerns and damage. The sensation of having revitalized, exfoliated, and clarified soft skin is truly unparalleled.
These treatments prove effective in addressing: Acne, Hyperpigmentation, Melasma, Discoloration/Sun Damage, Enlarged pores, Fine Lines + Wrinkles
Types of Chemical Peels
There are three different levels of chemical peels. The strength of the peel an aesthetician applies depends on what you would like to accomplish and the type of skin you have.
Chemical peels are categorized as Light, Medium, and Dark:
- Light: This peel contains a mild acidic solution (e.g., alpha-hydroxy acid). A light peel gently treats the epidermis, which is the top layer of skin, but does not offer deep penetration.
- A light peel can address rough skin, mild discoloration, and skin that appears dull. Light peels are ideal for use on the face, hands, and neck.
- Medium: Medium peels are more acidic because they address issues affecting the epidermis and upper dermis (i.e., the middle layer of skin).
- A medium peel can improve fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. It can also address mild skin discoloration and reduce the visibility of freckles. In addition, medium chemical peels can smooth rough skin and treat precancerous growths.
- Deep: This peel penetrates the epidermis, continuing down to the bottom of the dermis. This solution is the strongest of the three. Deep peels are only for the face. Although deep chemical peels provide dramatic results, they do take longer to recover from.
- Deep chemical peels help remove moderate age spots and lines, as well as freckles and shallow scars.
Once recovery is complete following your chemical peel, you can enjoy brighter, more youthful-looking skin! At Silk Touch we offer a variety of chemical peels, including our very own Silk Touch Rx chemical peel made in house by our aestheticians! By booking a complimentary Visia Skin Analysis with one of our providers they’ll be able to get a comprehensive look at your skin to customize a treatment plan geared towards your unique skin profile and aesthetic goals.
Schedule a Chemical Peel Treatment Session in Boise, ID
If you want to find out what a chemical peel can help you achieve, contact Silk Touch Cosmetic Surgery, Lipo, & Medspa in Boise, Idaho, today. Use our online form to book your complimentary Visia Skin Analysis or call or text 208-939-3110. Let us help you achieve your cosmetic goals.