Silk Touch Rx Skin Lightening System is a superficial chemical peel designed to improve the texture and appearance of hyper-pigmented skin. This facial peel is designed to eliminate sun-damaged and melasma.
This peel involves a medicated masque and an at-home skin care regimen with downtime/skin shedding up to 7 days, though some patients will not experience shedding. A Mini-Skin Lightening Peel is available for those who need shorter downtime.
Silk Touch Med Spa Before & After
Before and After
What Is Silk Touch Rx Skin Lightening Peel?
The Silk Touch Rx Skin Lightening Peel is a superficial peel designed to improve the texture and appearance of hyper-pigmented skin, uneven skin tone, or melasma. This treatment which also involves an at-home regimen.
- The first Hydroquinone+Retinoid masque for the in-office treatment of hyperpigmentation & melasma
- Simultaneous melanin inhibition with peeling allows treatment of higher Fitzpatrick Types (darker skin)
- Compounded freshly at the time of dispensing assures potency and reliability
- A comprehensive at-home regimen encourages compliance and reduces the likelihood of re-pigmentation
How Does It Work?
Silk Touch Rx Masque is compounded freshly, in-house, to ensure its potency and reliability. The masque is placed on during your visit, and removed by the patient at-home after a required length of time decided by your evaluation with your aesthetician. You are responsible for adhering to a simple, at-home regimen involving the application of several Silk Touch Rx products following masque removal.
What Results Can I Expect?
Results will vary, but generally, patients will see a significant improvement in the appearance of pigmented areas. Dark spots will lighten, and skin texture and tone will improve. Although most patients experience peeling of their skin, not every patient will notice this. If you do not notice actual peeling, please know that you are still receiving all the benefits of The Silk Touch Rx Skin Lightening Peel, such as:
- Stimulation of collagen production
- Improvement of skin tone and texture
- Diminished lines and wrinkles and pigmentation
Proper skin evaluation by our aestheticians via our Complimentary Visia Skin Analysis prior to your peel is important and will predict the outcome of your peel.
Who Is a Viable Candidate For Silk Touch Lightening Peel?
You are a suitable candidate for a Silk Touch Lightening Peel if you meet the following criteria:
- You are in good health abd wish to revitalize your skin
- You are willing to commit to our post-care instructions and follow them accordingly.
Before you can be considered an eligible candidate for a Silk Touch Lightening Peel, you will need to have a Complimentary Visia Skin Analyis with one of our medical aesthicians. This will assess the status of your skin, as well as any conditions you may have.
Who Should Not Be Treated?
Being a type of chemical peel, patients must meet certain requirements before they can be considered an eligible candidate for this treatment.
You should not be treated with the Silk Touch Rx Skin Lightening Peel if you meet one if the criteria below:
- Active cold sores, warts, open wounds, or sunburn
- Excessively sensitive skin
- Has dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea in the area to be treated
- If you have taken Accutane, received chemotherapy, or radiation therapy within the last year
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Inform your medical aesthticians if you have any history of herpes simplex.
Are There Any Risks Involved With a Silk Touch Lightening Peel?
Similar to many cosmetic treatments, you do need to consider the potential risks.
Though extremelyl rare, below are the risks that can occur with a Silk Touch Lightening Peel:
- Changes to your skin texture
- An increased chance of contracting an infection
- Having an allergic reaction to the materials
- Hyperpigmentation or Hypopigmentation
Schedule a Consultation at Silk Touch
If you are interested in a Lightening Peel, Silk Touch is here to help! Fill out our online contact form or give us a call at 208-939-3110 to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our aestheiticans today!