A breast lift procedure (or mastopexy) is a surgical procedure that lifts and tightens the breast, giving them a more youthful appearance.
Aging, pregnancy/breastfeeding and weight changes can cause a loss of breast volume and excess skin. This results in the breasts having a flat appearance and drooping of the nipples. Breast lifts address this by removing loose skin and placing the nipples in a higher position. This gives the breast a shaplier look with a round and more tight appearance.
A breast lift can treat:
- Flat, long or limp breasts
- Sagging breasts
- Nipple appearance, shape and appearance
Who is a candidate?
The ideal candidate for a breast lift is someone who is happy with the size of their breast but not the shape or way the breasts sit on the body. Not everyone is a candidate for this procedure.
How does a breast lift work?
There are several potential incision options for your breast lift. Dr. Nealy will recommend the best option to achieve your unique needs and goals. Incision options include:
- Around the areola with a vertical line extending down to the breast crease (lollipop lift)
- Around the areola with a vertical line extending down to the breast crease and a horizontal line along the breast crease (anchor pattern)
- Around the areola with a vertical line extending down with only a partial short horizontal line (short-scar mastopexy)
During the procedure, Dr. Nealy will lift and reshape the underlying breast tissue in order to improve the breast contour and firmness. The nipple and areola will be repositioned to give your breasts a perkier, more youthful appearance. Excess skin is removed and the remaining skin is tightened to improve elasticity.