Laser hair removal is the best way to permanently reduce unwanted hair. At Silk Touch Cosmetic Surgery and Medspa, our lasers are approved by the FDA for permanent hair reduction. We are pioneers in the field of laser hair removal, bringing it to the Treasure Valley in 1999.
We have done thousands of treatments since then, giving us an edge over other competitors. We have the experience and track record to know how to help you remove your unwanted hair! We have treated a wide variety of clients, including those with darker skin.
How does it work?
Laser hair removal is based on selective damage to hair follicles while leaving the skin undamaged. During the process of laser hair removal, light is absorbed by melanin in the hair shaft and hair follicle and is converted into heat energy, thereby raising the hair temperature. When the temperature is high enough, irreversible damage occurs to the hair structures and thus growth of the hair is prevented.
The laser works by disabling hairs that are in their active growth cycle at the time of treatment. Since other hairs will enter their growth cycle at different times, additional treatments may be necessary to disable all of the follicles in a given area.
Who can be treated with laser hair removal?
Claims that lasers can treat ALL skin type(s), including tanned skin, are not entirely accurate. To treat tanned skin, all lasers to date must reduce the energy level to avoid damaging the skin. We discourage tanning before treatment to make your treatment safer and more effective.
We have been successful in treating Hispanic, Basque, and lighter African-American skin within the Treasure Valley. Depending on the degree of pigmentation, we will begin treatments at a more conservative level and increase the energy level as tolerated. We have the option to increase the cryogen spray to better protect the skin.
Lighter pigmented hair is not as responsive to long term removal. All current technology for hair removal has higher success with darker hair.
What areas can be treated with laser hair removal?
We have extremely great results of facial laser hair removal, but hair can be removed on any area of the body including your legs, back, neck, under arms, hands, arms, inside the ears, inside the nose, and even pubic and anal areas. We avoid the area underneath the eyebrows to prevent any possible damage to the eyes.
How to prepare for laser hair removal:
- Stay out of the sun - It helps the laser wavelength direct the optimal amount of energy onto the hair if the hair color and skin color are quite different. Our lasers can remove hair on different skin tones, but it is most effective when there is contrast. So, we ask our patients to not tan or darken their skin for at least one month prior to their appointment.
- No plucking - Don’t wax or pluck your unwanted hair for 4-6 weeks prior to your appointment. This step ensures that the hair is actively anchored in the hair follicles. You can still shave, as that doesn’t have an effect on the hair follicles.
- Shave the night before - Finally, the night before your treatment closely shave the area with the unwanted hair (again, this leaves plenty of hair shaft down in the follicle to absorb the laser energy).
Laser Hair Removal FAQs
I would like to thank Silk Touch Med Spa, Laser, & Lipo and their wonderful staff. I had been receiving treatments at Ideal Image for over a year and was not completely happy with their service, or their prices. A friend of mine from work went to Silk Touch and met with Deloria, and insisted that I set up an appointment with her as soon as possible. I was completely impressed with the friendly staff, the relaxing and comfortable atmosphere, and the very affordable prices. Deloria has been absolutely great to work with, and I really appreciate her professionalism. I would highly recommend Silk Touch to anyone who wants to receive excellent service at fabulous prices!*
Silk Touch Offers
- Complimentary Consultations
- Evaluation and Review by a physician
- Supervised treatments by highly trained licensed aestheticians who are laser certified.
- Proven Laser Hair Removal technology! Best lasers on the market!
Silk Touch Cosmetic Surgery and Medspa proudly provides patients from Boise, Eagle and Meridian, ID with laser hair removal. Click here to learn more about laser hair removal frequently asked questions. Contact us at 208-939-3110 or fill out a Contact Form here to schedule an appointment today!
*Procedure results are typical and may vary